- Category: Supply Chain
- Country: United Kingdom
- Location: Milton Keynes
At WD-40 Company we believe that purpose-driven, passionate people guided by our values create amazing outcomes. Our “why” is refreshingly simple - we exist to create positive lasting memories in everything we do. We solve problems. We make things work smoothly. We create opportunities. How we achieve our “why” is by cultivating a tribal culture through learning, teaching and living our values.
Since 1953, our formulation remains a secret. It is no secret that our passion for our people, culture, and brands is what distinguishes us. WD-40 Company has best-in-class products and we seek best-in-class talent.
At WD-40 Company we foster a culture of inclusion where all individuals are recognized, valued, respected, and experience a sense of belonging. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to individual characteristics that make us unique such as our backgrounds, experiences, qualities, talents, traits, beliefs, and preferences.
Snapshot of What We’re Looking For
The demand planner is responsible for the creation of an accurate and timely EIMEA demand plan that will drive manufacturing.
Through collaboration with markets and distributors, and with analysis of data and sales history, the demand planner is responsible for the development of a detailed forward sales forecast and demand plan by SKU and market to drive supply planning activities and the subsequent production of finished products. Underpinning the market forecast, the demand planner is also responsible for implementing and monitoring a rolling 12-month component & capacity forecast and demand plan for EIMEA, with consideration for sourcing and volume allocations for finished goods and component parts and materials.
Ensures reasonableness of forecasts through development and continuous improvement activities in forecasting processes, forecasting systems, cross functional collaboration and team development for all brands/skus.
What You’ll Be Doing
..1. Supply Chain Demand Planning/Forecasting
· Supports the country teams, supply planners and the customer facing teams in the development of a collaborative EIMEA demand forecasting process to create an aligned demand plans for a rolling 12 months.
· Loads a consolidated forecast into the WDFC planning system and maintains this forecast in line with commercial market developments, giving accurate and reasonable SKU-level information for the short-term horizon.
· Analyzes relevant data in order to assist with the creation of an increasingly accurate sales forecast (such as historical sales, market trends, seasonality, promotions and inventory levels, etc.). Establish and utilize best methods (statistical models) to drive an improved forecast accuracy.
· Carry out forecast analysis, using sales data and market information, to report and measure KPIs around the demand forecast.
· Translate the supply plan into its component plans and communicate the data to key stakeholders across the extended supply chain.
· Working closely with Product Commercialisation and Commercial teams, act as a key player in new product launch as new SKUs are being developed, included in forecasts and brought to market.
· Build and maintain supply plans to provide an accurate estimation and representation (quantity & timing) of future inventory purchases and end inventory positions over a planning horizon.
2. Component Monitoring and Reporting
· Review product and component safety stocks with our filling and can suppliers on a regular basis to ensure there is sufficient stock to meet our ongoing business demands.
· Compile monthly reports on the components held by fillers and supplier, to monitor and control stock levels.
· Responsible for management of component consignment stock held with Tier 1 suppliers: tracking stock levels, 120-day transfer approvals, monitoring usage and maintaining compliance.
· Monitor supply chain component volumes to ensure control mechanisms are in place.
3. Supply Chain Plan Implementation
· Monitor and manage the execution of the rolling supply chain plan, identify and correct variances, and escalate issues that cannot be resolved.
· Avoid / minimize the impact from potential stock outs.
· Employ tools, techniques, and metrics to monitor and improve supply chain performance.
4. Trouble Shooting and Problem Resolution
· Coordinates/manages problem resolution. Investigates solutions to identified problems then implements/manages to resolution.
· Participate in initiatives to resolve short and medium-term supply issues
· Act as a project support to supply chain projects to provide detailed input on business sales and forecast data.
5. Resolve non-routine events, establish business requirements, apply business acumen and process knowledge to identify the appropriate course of action, make recommendations to the Supply Chain Management and manage the solution where required.
6. Supports agreed supply chain initiatives and projects. Perform other related activities as needed to support corporate objectives. Act in the best interest of the company by applying stated company values/code of conduct and acting in congruence to company strategies and priorities.
What You’ll Bring To The Role
- General understanding of supply chain planning tools and techniques
- Data analysis skills with the ability to manipulate and interpret large amounts of data using Excel.
- Able to understand, interrogate, and synthesize data to identify the key issues.
- Able to clearly and succinctly communicate key issues in a timely manner through a variety of communication methods (reports, emails, process documents)
- Develops a knowledge of forecasting and inventory planning.
- General knowledge of IT tools and their interdependencies ideally including: ERP/MRP system, replenishment Planning software tools and MS Office suite.
- Process orientation to enable the development and management of processes under direct control and provide improvement recommendations.
- Individual who develops, nurtures, influences and facilitates constructive relationships that build trust and increased collaboration between supply chain, marketing & sales.Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to ensure collaboration and high quality outcomes from consensus building.
Why You Should Apply
Our competitive and comprehensive benefits package provides you protection, security, and peace of mind. We offer life-enhancing health, wellness, and financial programs, including profit sharing, annual cash incentive rewards, tuition reimbursement, and a strong pension plan. In addition, we want you to recharge and take time off, so enjoy short-day Fridays, holidays, and an additional paid week off between Christmas and the new year to spend with family and friends!
Please, only consider employment with WD-40 Company if you feel as strongly about our values as we do: We live, breathe, and play by our values every day.
- We value doing the right thing.
- We value creating positive lasting memories in all our relationships.
- We value making it better than it is today.
- We value succeeding as a Tribe while excelling as individuals.
- We value owning it and passionately acting on it.
- We value sustaining the WD-40 Company economy.
Thank you for considering WD-40 Company in your career search! #WD40TribalLife #PositiveLastingMemories