- Category: Accounting
- Country: United States
- Location: San Diego
WD-40 Company has an immediate opening for an experienced Payroll Specialist to join our team. This critical role will have the important responsibility of managing payroll and expense reporting for the Americas. If you have experience running payroll for a multi-state entity, this role is for you!
This role will have the flexibility to work a hybrid schedule from home and the San Diego office.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Prepares and processes all approved payrolls accurately and timely using and outside payroll service
- Validate, input and maintain payroll data to ensure the accurate and efficient delivery of payroll services; into payroll platform; prepare payroll reports and reconciliations
- Calculates retro pay, terminations, incentive bonus payments, applicable tax withholdings, benefit and other deductions, car allowances, vacation/sick accruals, and reconciliations of leave time and other employee compensation information to related Workday HRIS system reporting.
- Assists with researching calculating and posting all required and voluntary pay deductions, which involve multi-state tax deductions or other withholdings, and relocation reimbursements
- Aids with preparing and/or reviewing outside payroll service-prepared W-2 forms and tax filings for federal withholding, social security taxes, unemployment taxes and compiles periodic and special reports on payroll matters
- Responds to employee and external agency inquiries and requests regarding payroll, payroll taxes and payroll-related matters. Also responds to audit requests as necessary.
Maintains and files payroll records
- Responsible for compliance with governmental and organizational policies, procedures and regulations in the performance of financial record-keeping obligations in the Payroll area
- Reviews and audits employee T&M expense reporting through Concur Expense Mgmt System
- Performs other payroll related tasks as necessary
What You’ll Bring To The Role
- 1-3 years payroll processing in a multi-state environment
- 1- 3 years employee T&M Expense Reporting review/audit and reportin
- Strong knowledge in payroll systems and payroll principles
- Working knowledge of payroll laws, regulations, and tax treatment
- Able to effectively communicate with employees and management regarding payroll issues, including explaining pay stubs and resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Able to appropriately treat and manage sensitive and confidential information
- General knowledge in accounting for, administering and reporting payroll in multiple states of the U.S., within a public-company environment
- Solid knowledge in fundamentals of payroll principles and practice
- Basic knowledge of SOX testing as it relates to Payroll
- Basic knowledge of general ledger and month end accounting close processes
- Able to evaluate procedures and make payroll and expense related recommendations
- 2+ years basic general accounting preferred
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment
- High attention to detail and work accuracy
- Ability to work independently but knows when to escalate issues or concerns as appopriate
- Strong organizational and time management skills
$52,000-72,000 a year includes base salary plus 10% profit-sharing contribution to your retirement account. Salary is determined by multiple factors including but not limited to relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and alignment with market data
- Medical insurance, 80-95% company-paid premium
- Dental and vision insurance
- 401K match
- Annual cash incentive rewards
- Tuition reimbursement
- Short-day Fridays
- Paid holidays, including winter shut down
At WD-40 Company, we believe that purpose-driven, passionate people guided by our values create amazing outcomes. Our "why" is refreshingly simple - we exist to create positive lasting memories in everything we do.
Why You Should Apply
- Learning-based culture that supports the growth and development of all tribe members
- Strong values aligned culture whose #1 strategic driver is to build a business for the future that we will be proud to hand down to the next generation
- Over 93.3% employee engagement as of January 2022 global employee survey
- A culture where 93% of the tribe report experience a sense of belonging
- Voted Most Democratic Workplace and certified WorldBlu Freedom Centered Workplace
Please, only consider employment with WD-40 Company if you feel as strongly about our values as we do: We live, breathe, and play by our values every day.
Thank you for considering WD-40 Company in your career search! #WD40TribalLife #PositiveLastingMemories