Data Engineer (Azure)
- Category: I.T.
- Country: United States
- Location: San Diego - Hybrid
We are seeking a talented Data Engineer to join our Data and Analytics Team. The primary purpose of this role is to spearhead the design, development, and maintenance of pipelines and data models that enable the organization to make informed decisions based on high-quality data.
As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for taking ownership of data availability, ensuring that our business users and analysts have access to the data they need to evaluate and optimize their performance. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to understand their data requirements and design efficient and scalable solutions to meet those needs.
If you are passionate about leveraging data to drive business outcomes and thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
We are looking for candidates who can work a hybrid schedule in this role. We are open to remote candidates.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Lead the development of sophisticated database pipelines in Azure Data Factory and other Microsoft technologies, ensuring the integrity of data and maximizing performance for optimal results.
- Build and maintain highly scalable and efficient data pipelines in Azure Data Factory, capable of processing large volumes of data without compromising quality or speed.
- Develop stored procedures, views, functions, and indexes in SQL Server and Azure SQL Database to support ETL/ELT (extract transfer load) processes.
- Collaborate closely with external vendors to understand their technical requirements and align their data architecture with the company's standards and practices.
- Utilize industry best practices to create and modify databases and perform advanced data modeling, ensuring that critical business information is accurately stored and readily available for informed decision-making.
- Provide support for existing SSIS integrations to maintain legacy operations and ensure seamless data integration across the organization.
- Innovate and implement new pipelines and processes to improve data quality, accuracy, and reliability, enhancing overall business operations.
- Collaborate closely with business partners to identify their reporting needs and acquire relevant datasets that align with business objectives.
- Merge and transform datasets into actionable information that can be used to make informed business decisions, driving operational efficiencies and business success.
- Work closely with management to understand company strategic objectives and develop datasets that support must-win battles and inform overall business strategy.
- Create new data validation methods and data analysis tools using Power BI to assist with business objectives.
- Ensure compliance with data governance and security policies, meeting all SOX requirements and maintaining the highest levels of data privacy and security.
- Provide mentorship and training to junior team members, sharing knowledge and expertise on the latest technologies and industry trends to strengthen the team's overall capabilities.
What You’ll Bring To The Role
- 4-5+ years of impressive expertise as a highly skilled Data Engineer with a focus on Microsoft technologies.
- Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, with a particular emphasis on Microsoft Azure
- Proven track record of success in managing third-party vendors
- Solid knowledge of Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks, Azure Stream Analytics, Azure SQL Database, Azure Cosmos DB, and Azure Blob Storage
- Extensive experience with ETL design and implementation, including data quality checks and data integrity
- Proficient in SQL and data warehousing concepts.
- Exceptional grasp of data structures, algorithms, and software design principles
- Proven problem-solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field,preferred
$96000 – $120000/ year includes base salary plus 10% - 15% profit-sharing contribution to your retirement account. Salary is determined by multiple factors including but not limited to relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and alignment with market data
- Medical insurance, 80-95% company-paid premium
- Dental and vision insurance
- 401K match
- Annual cash incentive rewards
- Tuition reimbursement
- Short-day Fridays
- Paid holidays, including winter shut down
At WD-40 Company, we believe that purpose-driven, passionate people guided by our values create amazing outcomes. Our "why" is refreshingly simple - we exist to create positive lasting memories in everything we do.
Why You Should Apply
- Learning-based culture that supports the growth and development of all tribe members
- Strong values aligned culture whose #1 strategic driver is to build a business for the future that we will be proud to hand down to the next generation
- Over 93.3% employee engagement as of January 2022 global employee survey
- A culture where 93% of the tribe report experience a sense of belonging
- Voted Most Democratic Workplace and certified WorldBlu Freedom Centered Workplace
Please, only consider employment with WD-40 Company if you feel as strongly about our values as we do: We live, breathe, and play by our values every day.
Thank you for considering WD-40 Company in your career search! #WD40TribalLife #PositiveLastingMemories