Director, Financial Planning and Analysis
- Category: Accounting
- Country: United States
- Location: San Diego - Hybrid
In this highly visible and influential role, you will be the key Finance leader guiding commercial decision support and planning to drive the best results for the Americas trade bloc, balancing both short-term and long-term financial targets. You will bring an independent, balanced and unbiased perspective to the Americas management team, driving evidence-based decisions and explanations while incorporating different points of views and contextual information from our business partners. You will guide the FP&A team to create and set the standard in reporting and analytics and serve as the Americas Finance spokesperson in various leadership and business review meetings. You will be fully accountable for the planning, forecasting and reporting of the Americas segments and trade bloc, and serve as a co-pilot to the Americas VP of Finance & Accounting in alerting to trends and risks, and bringing forward recommendations.
This role offers the flexibility of working a hybrid schedule.
What You’ll Be Doing
Key leadership and achievements we expect from the Americas FP&A Director over the next 24 months:
- Guide and develop four FP&A Managers in key commercial projects and planning, forecasting and reporting of their assigned areas (Americas supply chain; commercial analytics and decision support for the US, Latin America and Canada; Americas consolidated financials and systems). Support their career path through learning, coaching, project management and developmental opportunities. Servant leadership and change management is key to this role.
- Lead the team through the digital transformation, including a new ERP system, reporting tools and planning system. Assess the core and future needs of the business to reimagine and implement new reporting and dashboards, and seek standardization and less complexity wherever possible for scalability and efficiency. Guide the development of the new planning tool with a focus on driver-based planning and utilization of zero-based budgeting where appropriate.
- Own the modeling, scenario planning, analytics and recommendations for the Americas strategic plan and new business model opportunities, acquisitions, and divestitures. Serve as the main commercial finance partner on executing strategic initiatives, collaborating closely with the Americas VP of Finance, Americas Controller and other Corp and Americas leaders to ensure successful implementation. Must be “hands on” throughout the process, and be responsible for identifying and onboarding additional resources as needed throughout implementations.
- Own Americas working capital analyses and collaborate with Americas and Corp leaders on strategies to decrease working capital and strike the right balance to support the Company’s initiatives.
What You’ll Bring To The Role
- Strong experience in commercial analytics and decision-making, and all facets of running a business at the Director level or higher for a public company. You are experienced and comfortable with presenting to leadership and the C-suite on plans and forecasts, strategic initiatives and influencing commercial decisions. Strong verbal and written English communication skills, including PowerPoint presentations and project briefs.
- You have led the financial analyses, forecasting and modeling for Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain and Innovation during your career. You have worked in the CPG industry or the trade channels we sell into such as Retail, Industrial, Auto, Hardware, etc. You have direct experience in pricing, promotions, customer contract negotiations, trade management and supply chain decisions.
- Experience in modeling, planning and launching new operations in Latin America, and knowledge of the business climate and challenges in operating in this region.
- Experience in acquisitions and divestures, including modeling and scenarios, and “hands on” work from a commercial and systems perspective.
- Experience in new ERP and systems implementations, and guiding teams to reinvent and streamline processes and reporting. Jet Reports, Power BI and D365 experience a huge plus!
- Best practices and enjoyment of “hands on” complex modeling of key initiatives and guiding our team of Finance Managers in their respective analyses.
- Critical thinker with a natural curiosity and keen eye, with the ability to spot where more digging may be needed to understand results or further vet assumptions. Skillful in asking questions and lovingly challenging your staff and business partners to arrive at the best path forward.
- Accounting background is a plus, including cost accounting and management of transfer pricing markups – all of which cross over into FP&A analyses and workstreams.
- You truly enjoy coaching a team and have experience growing their skill sets and helping them toward their desired career paths. If asked, you have the confidence that your past direct reports would vote “yes” to having you as their coach again.
- History of strong collaboration with non-Finance partners and building work relationships in a hybrid environment. Strongly prefer a candidate based in San Diego that will come into the HQ office 2-3 days a week. Ability to travel to key meetings 4+ times a year, including international travel.
$140000 – $175000 / year includes base salary plus 10% - 15% profit-sharing contribution to your retirement account. Salary is determined by multiple factors including but not limited to relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and alignment with market data
- Medical insurance, 80-95% company-paid premium
- Dental and vision insurance
- 401K match
- Annual cash incentive rewards
- Tuition reimbursement
- Short-day Fridays
- Paid holidays, including winter shut down
At WD-40 Company, we believe that purpose-driven, passionate people guided by our values create amazing outcomes. Our "why" is refreshingly simple - we exist to create positive lasting memories in everything we do.
Why Work With Us
- You will work for the global market leader in the category. The Americas accounts for ~50% of our business globally, with several go-to-market business models, the broadest product portfolio with a continued pipeline of innovation, and sales across a wide spectrum of trade channels, all of which keeps our work interesting and challenging. We continue to make large investments in commercial growth opportunities and our digital transformation, and you will have strong influence in these areas.
- You are not just a number at WD-40 Company – we have a small company feel where employees are valued and well respected, with open door access to company leaders. You will have the opportunity to lead a great team, and collaborate and directly influence leaders across Sales, Trade, Marketing, Finance, Innovation and General Managers across the trade bloc. We are a cohesive team and genuinely enjoy working together.
- We have a unique culture – we believe in learning moments and the growth that comes from that, as well as support the development of our people and helping them achieve an “A”. The Company offers leadership and commercially focused skill-building programs for virtually all career levels.
Please, only consider employment with WD-40 Company if you feel as strongly about our values as we do: We live, breathe, and play by our values every day.
Thank you for considering WD-40 Company in your career search! #WD40TribalLife #PositiveLastingMemories