- Category: Legal
- Country: United States
- Location: San Diego - Hybrid
Our corporate legal team is looking for a process and systems-minded thinker to support our global contracts administration. You will also assist the legal team with a variety of legal administration functions with an emphasis on routine processes and general global legal matters.
If you are looking for a truly unique opportunity to drive change, make an impact, continue your learning with the guidance of our General Counsel team, and the opportunity to support our global operations and brands, please consider applying.
This role offers the flexibility of working a hybrid schedule from home and in our San Diego office.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Provides semi-routine legal services support and direction to contract owners and/or contract requestors to ensure complete and accurate submission of contract requests in preparation for legal review.
- Ensures third party due diligence is tracked with contract submission.
- Provides preliminary review of certain details in contract requests to identify commercial and/or legal issues and communicate them to contract owners and legal reviewers.
- Works with attorneys on contract requests and follows-up w/ other departments, as necessary.
- Partners with Finance, Risk Management, Sales, Supply Chain, Marketing, and other departments to coordinate adherence to requested commercial terms.
- Using DocuSign or e-signature software (Adobe Sign), ensures contract signatures comply with GCAP and contracts are signed and returned in a timely manner.
- Assists with maintenance of contracts including amendments, renewals and/or terminations. For legacy contracts to be amended or renewed, work with GC and AGC to migrate such contracts to WD-40 templates when feasible to reduce company risk and to promote consistency.
- Maintains template library of contracts, to include alternative clauses or provisions, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Sales Agreements, Manufacturing Agreements, Vendor Agreements, Consulting Agreements, License Agreements, Master Service Agreements and supporting SOWs/Work Orders.
- In partnership with GC and/or AGC, updates contract templates.
Contract Program Management
- Under guidance of AGC and applicable trading bloc attorney, updates the Global Contracts Administration Policy (“GCAP”) and Regional Contracts Administration Programs (“RCAPs”) to ensure alignment with company policies and strategies and changing business and/or legal issues.
- Stays abreast of new trends and best practices in Contract Administration.
- Generates and distributes quarterly audit reports to satisfy internal control requirements.
- Acts as Systems Administrator for Contract Administration Software (Conga). Stays abreast of new Conga features and functionality and new trends and best practices in contract life management (CLM).
- Analyzes and suggests ways to simplify and streamline current processes and partners with Conga consultant and/or IT to implement improvements to reduce contract response and execution turnaround time.
- Updates Conga training curriculum/materials and provides ongoing training to Conga users, including the application of the GCAP.
- Works with key users to ensure compliance with GCAP and promotes usage of Conga.
Corporate Governance Support
- Maintains, drafts and/or files U.S. company and local office business license, qualification and other required registrations including: Statements of Information and Corporate Disclosure for GC and/or AGC; Business Licenses; Franchise Tax Returns; U.S. company and subsidiary corporate records; and intercompany agreements.
- Develops policies and procedures for required filing and information gathering; works w/ GC and AGC and coordinates with Finance or Tax to ensure accuracy of corporate records and filings.
- Provides general and back-up support for Legal department initiatives and activities (supervise interns, as needed).
- May provide notary public services.
- Oversees incoming insurance requests.
Areas of Additional Responsibilities:
Insider trading and Proxy Project Management
- Updates task list and timeline to ensure timely completion and filing of proxy statement.
- Data gathering and tracking required for the calculation of certain insider trading disclosures.
- Consolidates and incorporates certain proxy information from Human Resources, Investor Relations, Legal Counsel, Compensation Committee and Finance to ensure a final product is ready by the targeted dates.
Board Material Preparation
- Serves as back-up and support for Corporate Governance and Compliance Analyst in connection with preparation of board materials and other corporate governance matters.
What You’ll Bring To The Role
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or related degree; and contract administration program certificate; or paralegal certificate or other legal education; or equivalent experience.
- 5 or more years of experience working with contract administration programs, as a paralegal or legal assistant in a for-profit organization.
- Some insider trading compliance knowledge/exposure ideal, but not required.
- Some experience with coordination of company proxy, ideal but not required.
$70000 – $85000 / year plus 10% profit-sharing contribution to your retirement account. Salary is determined by multiple factors including but not limited to relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and alignment with market data.
- Medical insurance, 80-95% company-paid premium
- Dental and vision insurance
- 401K match
- Annual cash incentive rewards
- Tuition reimbursement
- Short-day Fridays
- Paid holidays, including winter shut down
At WD-40 Company, we believe that purpose-driven, passionate people guided by our values create amazing outcomes. Our "why" is refreshingly simple - we exist to create positive lasting memories in everything we do.
Why You Should Apply
- Learning-based culture that supports the growth and development of all tribe members
- Strong values aligned culture whose #1 strategic driver is to build a business for the future that we will be proud to hand down to the next generation
- Over 93.3% employee engagement as of January 2022 global employee survey
- A culture where 93% of the tribe report experience a sense of belonging
- Voted Most Democratic Workplace and certified WorldBlu Freedom Centered Workplace
Please, only consider employment with WD-40 Company if you feel as strongly about our values as we do: We live, breathe, and play by our values every day.
Thank you for considering WD-40 Company in your career search!