- Category: Accounting
- Country: United States
- Location: REMOTE
We are seeking a highly qualified and experienced Americas Controller to oversee the accounting activities of subsidiaries in WD-40 Company's Americas trade bloc. The ideal candidate will ensure compliance with GAAP and the Company's global accounting policies and practices, provide guidance to subsidiary office controllers and finance directors, and ensure Americas' compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
This position also directs oversight and leadership over Americas shared finance services and supports the launch or integration of new subsidiaries in the Americas trade bloc. Additionally, the individual will identify opportunities and lead efforts for best practices and consistent, more effective, and efficient accounting processes across Americas subsidiary offices.
If you are a motivated and experienced professional with a strong background in accounting, finance, and leadership, please consider joining our tribe.
This role offers the flexibility of working fully remote or a hybrid.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Reviews and provides oversight over the general ledger and financial statements of the Americas subsidiaries.
- Provides guidance and serves as a resource to local entity controllers/finance directors for the Americas.
- Oversight and leadership over payroll, accounts receivable and accounts payable functions and leads the transformation into Americas shared finance services.
- Reviews and provides finance approval for material contracts which originate at international subsidiary offices within the Americas. Reviews intercompany agreements in collaboration with members of Corporate Finance. Ensures that such contracts are accounted for properly in the Americas financial statements.
- Ensures that GAAP and the Company’s global accounting policies and practices are adhered to in all Americas subsidiary offices.
- Works with internal audit to ensure Americas compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and supports internal audit activities.
- Supports and provides leadership in the launch or integration of new subsidiaries in the Americas trade bloc from an accounting perspective, and in the execution of other Americas strategic special projects that impact Americas financial statements and ERP/financial systems.
- Identifies opportunities and leads efforts for best practices and consistent, more effective and efficient accounting processes across Americas subsidiary offices. Drives operational excellence by identifying and implementing enhanced processes and procedures, financial system design, operational efficiencies and internal controls in collaboration with local entity controllers and Corporate Finance.
- Demonstrates servant leadership in the attainment of corporate, department and personal goals through developing and leading a highly effective team. Live the Company’s stated Values and Code of Conduct that others can emulate. Provide ongoing coaching/training, experiential learning, and talent development plans to optimize performance outcomes, growth, and engagement. Identify and provide necessary resources and information to overcome barriers to success and accomplish goals.
What You’ll Bring To The Role
- 10+ years of accounting leadership, 5 years in similar international controller role for public company; consumer products industry experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in business or accounting, master’s degree in business or accounting preferred
- CPA strongly preferred
- Multi-national operations and accounting experience in accordance with GAAP, Latin America experience strongly preferred
- General accounting leadership, including establishing methods, policies, systems, and tools.
- Intercompany transactions, markup and eliminations, and foreign currency exchange experience
- Prior experience overseeing payroll, accounts receivable, and accounts payable functions.
Only U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals and lawful permanent residents will be considered for this role.
$140000 – $198000 / year includes base salary plus 10% - 15% profit-sharing contribution to your retirement account. Salary is determined by multiple factors including but not limited to relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and alignment with market data
- Medical insurance, 80-95% company-paid premium
- Dental and vision insurance
- 401K match
- Annual cash incentive rewards
- Tuition reimbursement
- Short-day Fridays
- Paid holidays, including winter shut down
At WD-40 Company, we believe that purpose-driven, passionate people guided by our values create amazing outcomes. Our "why" is refreshingly simple - we exist to create positive lasting memories in everything we do.
Why You Should Apply
- Learning-based culture that supports the growth and development of all tribe members
- Strong values aligned culture whose #1 strategic driver is to build a business for the future that we will be proud to hand down to the next generation
- Over 93.3% employee engagement as of January 2022 global employee survey
- A culture where 93% of the tribe report experience a sense of belonging
- Voted Most Democratic Workplace and certified WorldBlu Freedom Centered Workplace
Please, only consider employment with WD-40 Company if you feel as strongly about our values as we do: We live, breathe, and play by our values every day.
Thank you for considering WD-40 Company in your career search! #WD40TribalLife #PositiveLastingMemories